Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

You Know You've Picked the Right Discipline

when your body doesn't even warm up to the trail until you've already completed 17 miles. Went for a two hour + ride with Donna yesterday and while I wasn't a complete turtle for the first 17 miles, I definitely picked up the pace and really felt dialed in and loose right at about the seventeen mile mark. Of course, we were only doing a 20 mile or so ride, so I felt kind of bummed out when it ended, as I think the next 10-20 miles would have been awesome!

Putting that into perspective, I'd complete most Sport XC race courses before I really felt my muscles and mind get into the ride. So that's something I need to work on...getting the body and mind dialed in within at least the first ten miles or so!

Today it's a gravel road ride. 20 mile loop. Will do the first twenty with a partner, then at least another ten before I have to head back to the reality that is work and my computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home