Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Circle of Life

Nope, not going to break into the Lion King song. I just wanted to tell you guys about something pretty cool that happened the other day.

I was teaching a class at the Wellness Center. I don't have a regular one right now until my work schedule stabilizes, so I'm just on the substitute list. But anyway, I realized during the class that the WC (not water closet, for those of you who think British,) is the gym I originally joined when I was a "big girl." At that time, I'd never set foot in a class for fear of looking goofy, being the fattest one in there, or - horror of horrors - people see stuff jiggle. 34% body fat. Not good. And (*deep breath*) yep, that was me back then, bad hair and all.

But here I was TEACHING ONE! I've taught more classes in the past than I can count, but it meant so much more there. And then I couldn't help noticing through the window on my right this guy just flying on a treadmill. I had to do a double-take. He was wearing a t-shirt from a race that I directed! It's still hard for me to believe how much my life has changed.

I got an e-mail the other day from someone who was in my fitness program at work. She just wanted to let me know that she finally hit the 70lb mark and thanked me for helping her get started on the journey. I could finish an Ironman, qualify for Kona, and the Boston Marathon and never feel better than I did in those few moments. Ok, NOW I'm going to break into song . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hakuna Matata!!!

Seriously...you deserve to feel good. I'm going to have to dig up one of my "least favorite" pics just so I can show the "transformation" too!!!

11:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who're you referring to at work, Judy?

3:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home