Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Blog Hopping

This isn't really a training post and it certainly isn't a race report, but every once in a while you just need to give props to the folks who inspire you. Lately there's a pretty large crop of online enduro-girls that help me get out of bed when the alarm goes off at 4:15 a.m.

Danielle Musto not only podiums at endurance and marathon mountain bike events, but she's not afraid to share that she's sometimes a sketchball on the trail. She's fast and strong, but she's also quick to give some applause to those that beat her. Can't be a better ambassador for the sport than that.

I so want to be this lady when I grow up. Hell, I want to be her now. Check out the recent pics. 52 years old and sporting a pretty impressive athletic figure and she rocks the sport of triathlon as well. Plus she's not stingy with advice, and she's quick to reply to an e-mail. All things I much admire!

Though I'm giving Mark D. more fodder for his pretty girl blog-stalking, I have to recognize Trisaratops and Iron Wil. These ladies not only know how to train hard, they're also masters of the entertaining post. It isn't all numbers and power output, you know. If you can make people laugh out loud, guiltily looking over their shoulder as they're supposed to be filling in a company spreadsheet, then you're a damn good blogger!

It's almost May and Jill's still slogging through snow and ice. She's been chased down by maniacs in a white minivan and she's addicted to goldfish crackers (my salty orange food of choice is Cheez-Its, but the similarity's there, damn it!!!). She just got her first fully sponsored ride invite and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more!

Namrita's had a rash of bad luck lately. But she's kept her chin up and even though she couldn't compete in some of the events she had planned, she didn't pitch a fit or sit and sulk. She still went out to the Cohutta 100 and volunteered. Nam understands that volunteering is what makes riding in these events possible and she doesn't hesitate for a second to do her share. I only wish I had a few more blog friends like her!

Installment two to come later today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Thanks for the awesome kind words!!!! Totally made my day :)

8:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home