Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

Sunday was the first race of the GSC (Georgia State Cup) series, hosted by the fantabulous duo of Mr. & Mrs. Berger. A great first event took place at the much groomed and much talked about East Macon Park trail system.

Jeff raced beginner Clydesdale, so no pics of him or other beginners on our camera (I was not there...explanation later in post). Jeff came in 3rd (got some nice schwag), right behind his buddy Chad Lossiah and less than a minute behind the winner. I'm sure sandbagger comments about the BMX pro racing beginner might come about (jokingly though, as folks with brains realize there's a huge difference between the two).

Jeff took a spot by the BMX track to watch the sport and expert do their thing and got some pics of locals and my teammates. I'm posting for their pleasure. First the locals...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Sterling goes for it in expert class

Image hosting by Photobucket
Stan...the Grand Master!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Monte making his way to the podium

Image hosting by Photobucket
Mr. Duffus takes on his age group

And now for the team!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Jody, Alison & Trish


Image hosting by Photobucket
Kari, race promoter and racer extraordinaire


Image hosting by Photobucket
Jody...using the skillz el Jefe taught her...

So, where was I? Well, I don't do fast. Don't do race pace (at least not short XC race pace). So I headed out to another trail system and put in not quite six hours of steady dirt, roots and rocks riding. 5 hours 40+ minutes, 49.4+ miles. It was a gorgeous day...the tunes on the MP3 player never got boring, the sun was shining but I remembered the sunblock. All as good. And I even headed out after three to help clean up after the race. So I get goo "club" member points.

Follow it all up with some yummy cheese enchiladas and it was a pretty darned nice day of riding and racing for all those who got out on the trails!

7 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont worry mallie there was some eager young women cheering for your man while you were out riding. oh and you cant be talking about the pig, i have more rocks in my driveway than that place has.

9:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mallie for talking me into wearing a real "wicking Jersey". It really helped with the HEAT. Even though it 12 yrs old and most of the company's logos on it are out of buisnes! No more riding in cotton T's for me..............

10:40 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Man...calling me out. I did cross over a few rocks...so I'm sticking to my statement. I admit it, Jake's right...there were little to no rocks.

10:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to the first comment?

12:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theres roots in the pine section of the pig??:-)

9:13 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ha ha ha to the anonymous poster who thinks they know me and thinks they're funny not fessing up to their comment...I didn't ride just the pines...big fat juicy raspberries right at to you. Yeah...I've been worrying more about miles than technical riding...but if you read the blogs "real" endurance racers (obviously you think I'm someone to poke fun at) you'll see they've not gotten in much (sometimes any)technical riding yet either. They just deal with what's at the trail. Sure...I'll have to buck up before 12 of Dauset if Mr. Berger puts in H&P...but that's a ways off.

4:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home