Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, March 24, 2006

Headwinds & Hoo-Hahs

Brrrrr...it was chilly today. Yeah...not IOWA chilly, not MICHIGAN chilly, but chilly for late March in GA. And for those of us who live, ride and run in GA, well, we all probably noticed the chill. Had a nice 45 minute trail run at Thomson (put together a nice loop that I really want to do again- yeah...I'm really ENJOYING the trail running) and then got the arm warmers rolled into place for my ride with Karen.

Karen's doing the Perry-Roubaix time trial tomorrow, so didn't want to do anything too strenuous, just wanted to spin her legs a bit. So that's what we did. Spun on the road, battling the headwinds, then spun on down (after the trick bridge DH that is) the Kudzu loop a couple times, then a leisurely climb back out to the grass field...yep we bypassed the advanced section, and another spin on the road for a cool down. Again...buffeted pretty hard by some chilly wind.

I stuck around and did some climbing work after she had to hit the road...forgot how much I love some parts of Thomson. It's funny that steep, technical DH sections freak me, but gradual Dh with drops, I love. I bomb down the drops and get pretty decent air (OK, not el Jefe kind of air), but I'm not averse to both tires being off the ground at the same time!

Now for the Hoo-Hahs! Several real-time and blog-time friends tackling their first (or near first) events of the seasos and they all deserve a shout out!

Of course, Karencita...doing the Perry_Roubaix TT. And Renee, blogger extraordinaire (though nutritionally suspect!!! JK), for tackling the entire Perry-Roubaix omnium. Her beau, Jake,is apparently on for the omnium too. And super-duper popster of the blogosphere, Don Bill, is doing the road race (and maybe more).

Danielle, now blog pal from the cold parts up north, is tackling the Ouachita Challence in the wilds of Arkansas. Go girl! Mr. 24, Jeff Kerkove is making his 2006 debut at the same race.

And I can't forget my Sorellas, Kate, Norma and Namrita (and I know one more...but having a brain fart)who are taking on the thirty hours that make up the NGAR. You guys are the super-duperest!

I think I've super-dupered myself out here! So, despite the chill, I leave you with the signs that spring really and truly is here. At least down in GA!

Image hosting by Photobucket
My purty pink azaleas

Image hosting by Photobucket
Our dogwood...sadly I think this is it's last year

Image hosting by Photobucket
and the reason the 'rents-in-law are in town...
the glory that is one of our two ornamental cherry trees

2 Comments:

Blogger ETSX Rider said...

Oh I see I don't rate a first time shout out for my race in Columbia, TN this weekend- (razorback doesn't count it was more of a good time than a race!)I see were I rate!! lol by the way Jeff's site is a hoot!

6:45 PM

 
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Thanks for the HOO-HAH :-)I should have a race report in the next day or two. We just got done sitting in the car for 15 hours...possibly more exhausting then the actual race!

9:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home