Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Antioxidants and other good stuff...

Image hosting by Photobucket

In my quest to have an illness free training and event schedule in 2006, I've also stumbled across something that's helping out with my recovery. Meaning I am recovering well from hard workouts without leg heaviness or soreness and I wake up without feeling drained and/or fatigued. So what's the "something"?

It's Lakewood's Heart Healthy Pomegranate blend. I didn't really stumble across the concept so much as the product. I'd been catching up on other bike blogs and saw that Mr. 24 was talking up Pom, a pomegranate juice concentrate. The stuff was freaky expensive for small amounts. I did some internet investigating and found numerous articles on the benefits of pomegranate and other high antioxidant pure juices. So I checked out the health food section at my local Publix and found Lakewood's much more reasonably priced alternative.

According to their site: "Modern research has confirmed that fruit and vegetable juices contain a wide range of micro-nutrients considered essential for maintaining good health. No supplement alone can provide the important complex nutrients found in a variety of fruit and vegetable juices."

The ingredient list is short and there aren't any chemical concoctions I can't pronounce. CERTIFIED ORGANIC FRUIT JUICES (ORGANIC POMEGRANATE, ORGANIC CHERRY, ORGANIC BLUEBERRY, ORGANIC APPLE, ORGANIC GRAPE, AND ORGANIC ACEROLA CHERRY FROM CONCENTRATE), ORGANIC GRAPE SEED (200mg), AND ORGANIC GREEN TEA EXTRACT (200mg).

I can tell a difference. After hard workouts I'm not feeling the leg and back strain I used to. And I wake up without feeling sore even after the hardest rides and runs. Check it out for yourself and let me know if it adds to your training.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

good to see you found that. And yes...POM is mucho bling, bling!

5:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home