Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Today's Downtown Adventure...a pictorial

Image hosting by Photobucket

I didn't get to ride the levy during today's ride. Why? Because a state prison detail was out doing the grass trimming and cutting. Besides the wind and blowing debris, I just would have felt weird riding back and forth past the detainees as they worked. I wanted to get a picture of the big orange sign, but they took it down by the time I decided to slow down enough to get my camera out of my pocket. So I took this long distance shot instead. See them working hard while the big white bus waits to take them back to their cells!

Image hosting by Photobucket

I also got a little discombobulated when trying to get up and down rabbit road as Cherry Blossom crews were out painting pink lines and arrows for the big old event.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Unfortunately this last arrow here leads folks into the industrial ghetto. There are streets down here I wouldn't feel safe traversing with Jeff alongside me, in the car no less. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

And this might explain why parts of our DT ride get a little stinky.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I was completely unaware that there's some sort of black market bone trade going on. I thought it was all about kidneys. More on this shocking observation as I get deets! :)

Image hosting by Photobucket

I did not take a picture of the creepy guy in the teal Suzuki Sidekick who spent the afternoon moving his car from spot to spot throughout the park and between car moves sat way back in his seat looking for a little "action". BLARGHHHHH!

Really it was a nice ride. 35 miles in three hours. Didn't push it, just enjoyed some sunshine and saddle time. I remembered sunblock so I didn't get fried and my backside feels pretty darned good even after extended saddle time. So I'll leave you with the big smile on my face as I finished up.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Check out those freckles. That's what the sun will do to ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home