Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

While the rest of the world sleeps

Amber, Melissa and Pops know exactly what I'm going to be talking about. Most mornings I'm leaving the house at the same time the paper "person" is making the rounds, slotting papers into plastic receptacles below mail boxes. The alarm goes off around 4:20...it says 4:30, but we Deins are the type to set all clocks and watches ahead. I'm at the office between 5:30 and 5:45, depending on how long it takes me to pack my breakfast and lunch items (I guess I could make life easy and pack at night, but more on that later). The world is dark and cold, but my head is clear and I'm looking forward to the rest of the day. I get my seven or so hours in (I work a couple hours at home in the evening...so don't think I'm slacking) by 12:30 and have the afternoon to train, do house stuff etc.

It wouldn't be ideal for everyone...but it works for me. As I'm definitely a morning person...I'm yawning by 10 p.m. no matter how late I get to sleep, this works for me. Of course, the long days, coupled with some hard days of training, brick days, mean I'm even more tired in the evening. 9:30 is about the latest I can manage to make my eyes stay open - some nights I'm in bed, asleep at 8 p.m. This means we don't do much of the night life! I lay my clothes out the night before so I don't disturb Jeff...I get all my work items together so I can just do a quick grab on the way out, and I say goodbye to a very sleepy and sweet dog.

All this, while much of the rest of the world sleeps...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home