Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, February 20, 2006

It Wasn't As Cold As Last Sunday

Beth told me from the get go that she was spending the day with her Mom for her Mom's birthday...but to all the rest of you who pussed out on our ride yesterday, I say bah humbug, or something else similar. It wasn't nearly as cold as the previous Sunday where we braved the elements and some severe buffeting from headwinds. I only had to wear one pair of gloves and no extra headgear above and beyond my helmet this time around. Hillarie joined me and we did a nice, 21.5 mile urban ride. We did a little parking garage climbing, did some fast spinning on the riverwalk (with some short offroad surges when pedestrians felt that they didn't have to allow us past - we give them a wide berth...but they love to take the whole trail and hog it) and on Rabbit Road (where we saw the usual number of men looking for "MAN LOVING"...ick!!!) and did some low resistance spinning on the dirt track. It wasn't a hard ride...just good steady saddle time which is all I'm worried about until about mid-March, when I'll start to kick up the intensity before tapering the week before Baker's Dozen (4/22).

We took a pic with the Otis Redding statue at the park, but it didn't turn out. It views OK small, but when I try to pull from camera it corrupts. Oh well...we were there, we rode, and Otis will vouch for us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home