Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Finally went out and rode the MTB

I have been training on a road bike for about a month and a half so my mountain bike has been hanging in the garage collecting dust. Well, I could not take the long, boring rides on the road bike any longer. The other day I woke up, looked at all the laundry I had piled up on the couch and on a whim decided I was not about to stay home and do laundry and then take a jaunt on my road bike....I was going mountain bike riding! I practically flew over to Blankets Creek in Woodstock and saddled up on my scalpel.

Man, did it feel good. My first run around the Dwelling loop was a bit discouraging... I have been working hard to build endurance but it seemed as if as soon as my legs felt those quick sprints uphill they were saying "no way"! I ran around that loop one more time then decided to tackle the advanced loop for a bit more fun. The sign at the trailhead states that an advanced rider can make it around the loop in 35 minutes. I knew I would not get that time but I wanted to see how close I could come. I turned my music up and took off. I had a blast going over all the obstacles and even passed two guys! (that felt great by-the-way)!! I made it around in 40 minutes so I was pleased. I then went back to try to run the intermediate loop again. This time I felt much better and I made awesome time. Maybe I just needed to warm up? Maybe my body needed t a little time to remember what it was like to be on a mountain bike? Not sure……

All I know is that I am definitely a mountain biker. There is nothing like the adrenaline of riding downhill, jumping over logs, riding over rocks, and whipping around a corner! Hopefully the rain will go away and the trails will open up next week so I can go some more. Love it!!!

Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home