Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

multiple dates with a cyclops

I actually do have training schedule that I try to stick to- Really! BUT there are those times that it gets a bit hard to juggle 4 children, unpredictable weather, and a husband that also needs to get out and ride as well…….

HERE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE: This past weekend my training schedule got a bit out of whack. The plan was to get up early and meet at 7am for a 20 mile group ride with some guys from our LBS. The weather was nasty so I opted out and my husband went solo. He was the only one who showed up so he left and went to the comet. He called at around 11 am to let me know he was finished and wanted to know if I was I going to go out there. After hearing how wet and cold he was I opted for a date w/ the cyclops. Unfortunately that date had to be broken because one child was sick, one had to go to tennis, one had to go to a party and one just wanted some "mommy" time. Family took over and I decided that Saturday would be my "off" day, which was fine with me.

WELL, Sunday AM rolls around and lets just say I did not ride. RECAP: My oldest son was very ill and we ended up calling 911 and we were in the emergency room with him all day. It was a very scary experience and thank goodness he is now much better. (obviously, no riding on Sunday). Let me just make a side-note here. While I was on the phone with 911 Sunday morning my daughter's friend who had spent the night was in our bathroom with a stomach virus AND while we were at the hospital we got a phone call from our other daughter (she had spent the night out) that she was having an allergic reaction to some make up she had put on the night before. Her eyes were swollen and irritated but her vision was fine so her ailment took a back seat. We told her to sit tight at her friend’s house. The rest of the day is a blur!

That brings us to Monday. Obviously my son stayed home from school so no outdoor ride for me. That brings me to my date. I hooked the trainer up to the cyclops and my son and I went down in our basement. We have a big screen TV and I figured he could watch a movie and I would spin. He is 13 and he picked an older movie to watch. (We have On Demand with tons of movies to choose from) . Anyone remember "Weird Science"? I thought I had! Within the first 15 minutes of the movie about 10 curse words flew out , pictures of breasts were thrown in front of me and my son (on our big screen TV!!) and talk of sex. Needless to say we changed the channel and watched ice hockey instead and chatted for 1 1/2 hours. My ride actually was not too bad and I learned a lot about ice hockey from my son.

Yesterday I was not about to spend my day riding outside - instead I bolted to ATL to have lunch with my husband. That was going to be our only "alone time" for Valentines day (remember we have 4 kids!). SO, another date with the cyclops took place yesterday afternoon while my two youngest children (3rd graders) sat around me on the floor working on their school projects. :-)

I AM going OUTSIDE today to ride with a guy named Horhay who tends to ride fast. May or may not be a good 35 miles. We shall see. "Knock On Wood" everyone is now healthy so I should be good to go for at least a couple of days!!:-) The End!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home