Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Random ramblings, updates & pics

After Amber killed me doing ab work on Saturday and the near torture of our urban assault ride on Sunday (think cold and headwinds), I had to take an unscheduled off day yesterday. My upper abs hurt so bad it felt like I'd been run over by a large truck (well, I've never actually been run over, but you get the gist). Monday's planned recovery workout of light swim and jog was postponed. I'll do the light treadmill run and some upper body weights today....then I have a date with my hubby to ride side by side on the trainers tonight. Romantic, eh? Hey...he's going to watch Gilmore Girls with me while we spin...now that's love!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Kudos to Amber N. for battling the wind and cold for her first bike ride in a LOOOOOONG time and her first ever urban assault. She even rode the levy without complaint. The levy has been known to cause whining in lesser mortals. That girn is a POST ride grin. Perhaps she knew food wasn't far off.


Image hosting by Photobucket
L-R Amber H., Amber N, Krista & Beth


Hillarie, supposedly, got stuck at work and Alicia had to watch the adorable Bailey perform in a church pageant, so we were a small but freezing group. I'm of course holding the camera so not seen. Suffice it to say I had on two pairs of tights, a pair of bike shorts over those, a tank bra, a wicking turtleneck over that, followed by a jersey, arm warmers over the t-neck and a fleece vest. Add in double gloves and a skull cap underneath the helmet and you know were were chilly. Even Beth "I never get cold" MacFadyen was wearing them long pants!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Granted it was colder at Ice Cycle. I did say I'd post about it someday. Since the big ticket is the DH race, the XC trails don't get much grooming. During the pre-ride they were covered with about 2+ inches of leaves. The trail was rocky, rooty and very steep in places. After a night of constant rain then snowfall beginning at a little after 9 a.m., I decided to opt out of the XC event. I'm a sketchball on trails I know, let alone icy, slick, leaves covering unknown rocks and roots on a trail I don't know at all. Call me a wuss, I dare you. So I stayed pretty toasty, even while playing in the snow with Jeff before the DH race.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And here's the lovely and ?talented? Brian Quillen goofing off as he tries to decide whether or not to partake of the lunacy that is a nighttime, wet mud covered in light snow, downhill race.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Supposedly, schmosedly at work. I'll be there this Sunday coming up.

7:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home