Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Open Water-esque

I got the slightest taste of what open water swimming might be like today while swimming at the gym. The gentleman in the lane next to performed the backstroke like a raving lunatic. Huge swells came from his lane almost sending me into the ropes on the far side of my lane. The splashing was intense and there really was notable swell coming from his lane into my own. Who'd of thunk I'd get that experience in such a "tame" environment. Add to that that the mentally and emotionally disturbed girl who swims on Wednesdays decided she didn't want anyone speaking while she swam and it was a very weird day at the WC pool.

Great short but good spinning ride with Krista (whom I hope will be joining the blog shortly) post swim at the Pig. The picnic table area was a swamp, so we skipped it and just kept to the pines for a nice spinning climb session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home