Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back in the saddle, and on the healthy side

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As most who've been reading the blog already know, I was really sick throughout much of the end of 2005. A cold at Christmas just added to the lack of training I managed to get done in '05. So now I'm having to ramp it up faster than I'd really like, so that I'm ready to do some riding a nd racing in '06. That means getting the post-holiday diet back on track as well as the riding. Jeff got me plenty of the good training stuff as Xmas giftage and two of these found their way into my stocking. 300 calories, tons of protein and good carbs, these oatmeal packs might be my savior for morning eating before a big training ride or even an event. I have trouble getting enough calories in at the beginning of the day, which slows your metabolism and makes it hard for me to keep moving later in the day. Oatmeal, always seems to go down smooth, so these bad boys might just do the trick for me. You can find info on many sites, but this is where el Jefe did the deed: http://www.a1nutritionproducts.com/buy/cytosport/muscle_milk_n_oats/single

He got me Maple & Brown Sugar and Cocoa. I'd like to try the Vanilla Bean, pictured above, but can't seem to find it in singles, and don't want to buy a 12 pack in case I don't like it. Can't imagine not liking it though...Vanilla's my favorite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home