Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, November 14, 2005

Slight Setback

Well...hmmm...how to proceed. If you're squeamish about women's issues, don't read, that's the first thing I've got to say. Anywho. At about 3:30 p.m. on Thursday I started bleeding really heavily (girl bleeding...if you didn't get my women's issue reference). I called my husband and asked him to come home instead of going off to exercise as I was a little worried. I climbed into bed and tried to stay calm. I bled a lot until about 6:30 p.m., then it started to taper off. I thought it was just a bad spell that had passed. Unfortunately at about 9:30 p.m. it started again, worse and I began to feel dizzy, nauseous, and my hands started turning blue and numb. Jeff hustled me to the emergency room where I had to go in via wheelchair as I couldn't summon the energy to walk. They hustled me in pretty fast and saw to me. Apparently panic mixed with the blood loss had caused the fainting and nausea...and possibly the blue hands, but in the end that was attributed to the blood loss. At about 3:00 a.m. I was released with a prescription for a short course of hormone therapy, an admonition to engage in no strenuous exercise, and an admonition to get a follow up appointment and get my hormones back on track.

It was very scary and I had to miss the Dauset festival for which I'd prepared all the awards and at which I was supposed to lead the beginner women's ride. I was bummed. I spent the weekend barely moving from the couch. I was kind of sniffly (probably hormonal again) about missing it.

I have an appointment Wednesday morning and I'm going to threaten the doctor with something if he doesn't give me the go ahead to get back to the running and biking. I want to climb the walls right now. Send good karma thoughts my way, please!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah...the bulk of the population didn't get the full story...but figured the folks who read might be able to hack it! MINGS!!! Haven't heard that one in a while.

5:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home