Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, January 02, 2006

Trail Resolution

Spent the first day of the new year with my bike and a rake. Went out to Thomson and raked and rode the trails. 1.25 hours of raking cleared up a nice section of trail and it just reinforced the fact that if you ride the trails you should work the trails. It's not necessarily physically grueling. Raking and pruning don't have to take the whole day. Since it's a new year and I have some training and riding resolutions I'm trying to ensure come to fruition, I've decided to add in a trail resolution. I'd like to do at least 60 hours of trail maintenance in 2006. That's simply 5 hours a month. Quite doable and no hardship. If we could just get everyone who regularly rides to regularly do a little trail work...we'd be riding some of the best maintained trails in the SE.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be glad to pitch in with trail work.

My resolution is to get back on the bike, period. I really haven't rode much at all since early Nov. No more excuses!

8:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home