Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Mr. Anaerobic Goes Aerobic?

Now, while Jeff Kerkove is definitely Mr. 24, my Jeff is certainly Mr. Anaerobic. Currently racing in the Vet Pro class, he's still making the podium in BMX racing. For those who've never watched, the average lap is usually somewhere around 45 seconds. It's an all out sprint that still requires awesome bike handling skills. I love to watch Jeff on a bike. It's graceful and powerful at the same time, two descriptors that can't really be used to describe my squirrely style (though I did impress Beth yesterday with my ability to grab my cell phone out of my jersey pocket, flip it open, view message, flip it closed and reinsert it in my pocket without falling off the levy).

Image hosting by Photobucket

Anyway...Jeff's not doing as many BMX races this year, due to the weird schedule and a desire to spend more time pursuing his other passion, downhill racing. So, believe it or not, Jeff's decided to work hard on aerobic fitness this year. Yeah...he's been saddling his Giant to my trainer, and the other night we he borrowed a trainer from Amber H. and we had a hot date spinning in front of the TV together. Because he's so much taller you can't see the bikes, but we are on trainers in the pic, I promise!

For those who still don't "believe", I think J.D. is actually planning to compete at Baker's Dozen. On a team, mind you, but this is the guy who generally does one XC race a year. This year an endurance event?!?!? Is the earth falling off its axis?

2 Comments:

Blogger GoFastPops said...

I think Jeff will make a helluva XC rider, the big city boys won't know what hit them...

8:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Pops, but I just wanna get in a little better shape to help make it down a DH run without too much arm pump. Although Brady's got me sold on doing the Pisgah 24 hour race in the Fall.

7:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home