Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Trail Cat

Image hosting by Photobucket

If you read other local blogs, you know that Pops (a.k.a. Don Bill) and his fantastic wife, Angie, recently rescued a boxer, newly dubbed Milo, giving him a second chance in a loving home. That's the mark of "good people" in the Deins' book. Now, not tootng our own "good people" horn, but I realized I hadn't introduced our newest family member via the blog.

This little sweetie was found several weeks ago at Dauset. She immediately showed herself to be a love bug, jumping in and out of our (Karen L., Namrita, & Jen Wills) cars as we readied to ride. Purring the whole time and making herself right at home. Karen L. had to leave before the rest of us, so after depositing her at her car, we headed back out to the trail. Cutie pie put on a mad dash, following us to the entrance to Moonshine. We couldn't help laughing at this little "trail cat". But at the same time I knew I couldn't leave her there. She was, and still is, chubby around the middle, so I thought maybe she was pregnant and had been abandoned for that reason. So Namrita dumped her gear box, which, though plastic, had a crack down the middle so the little one had no problem breathing, and I brought her home. Turns out she's just pear shaped, not preggers, and she's only around 8 months old. She loves to play monster under the covers and attacks anything that moves, including our other cat, Jeff and me.

So what's her name? Well after watching her chug after us, determined to keep up with our bikes and be the first true "trail cat", I named her Turkey Trot after one of my favorite sections of the trails at Dauset!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home