Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Brick

Well, yesterday I did my first "full" brick, meaning I swam, went to the bike, then went to the treadmill. Now it was a fairly short workout...45 minute swim, 45 minute ride on spin bike and a 30 minute run to finish. But since it was my first endeavor, I was worried I'd be sore/exhausted today, the day after.

I feel really good. Some soreness in my upper left arm, which is puzzling as I can't think what caused it...but other than that I feel great. I did find it hard to keep my eyes open last night and fell asleep during the women's bobsled runs. My legs aren't complaining at all, which is what I was most concerned about. So...success!

I'm going to do these once a week, on Mondays or Tuesdays, up until I start to taper for training events. I'll be adding to the time spent on each and adding to the intensity by increasing incline and speed on the treadmill and resistance on the spin bike, I did change the resistance back and forth, so don't worry that I just sat and spun easily for that 45 minutes.

I learned one very important thing. I'm definitely competing in the entire event in tri shorts and a tri-top, because wriggling my way out of my bathing suit and into my biking shorts was a freaking nightmare. I found an awesome pair of Peal Izumi tri shorts, never worn, on eBay for $10. Way cool! Comfy too. After I wriggled into them...will try them in the pool next time.

Tonight...something else new. My first yoga class. The weather looks yuck, so I'll be spinning indoors for few hours then heading to yoga this evening. A full report tomorrow. I've been slow to embrace yoga and am still hesitant, but hey...it's all a learning experience, right?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, one more piece of clothing that'll end up in the compost heap in the walk-in closet.

6:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home