Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, February 24, 2006

The Pool & Hydration

It's probably not something you think about...I mean you're in water. But think of the way the chlorine dries out your skin...so your body's pushing more water to the surface and it's leaving your body. Just cause you aren't sweating, doesn't mean you're not losing fluid. You are. So remember to keep hydrated while in the pool or open water. I've been taking bottles of my Cytomax mixture to the gym with me, getting looks from some of the folks around me in the process when they see my weird orange mixture. But I've not experienced any major calf cramps while in the pool and I attest this to proper hydration. I've noticed that if I'm planning a brick, I do better and feel better afterward (less residual soreness/heavy legs) when I drink the mixture instead of plain old water.

4 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Cytomax (known in some old circles as "cyto-crack") is wonderful. I've been using it for about 4 years now.
I've tried different mixes (accelerade, hammer heed, etc) but I always come back to the "crack."

9:04 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah...so far I like it the best. I like that the flavors are generally more tart than sweet, which is a big deal to me. It's still a little powdery, even when well mixed...so my secret?!?!? I add a little no-cal lemonade powder, which cuts down the weird powdery properties of the Cytomax and makes it even more sour. What can I say. I'm a tart!!! :)

I'm going to give GU20 a shot in a couple weeks, as we get it pretty cheap via Sorella. I'm gonna try the Tango Mango flavor, as I like mangoes. Any experieince with that concoction?

Anyone?

9:17 AM

 
Blogger Renee said...

Nope. Never had that one.

10:23 AM

 
Blogger Danielle Musto said...

Completely off the subject, but here's a cool article about Levi and training. He mentions Pilates...it's why I finally started doing it. I went riding yesterday and it's the first time my hip didn't hurt from my tendons being to tight. Try it!!

www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/9493.0.html

3:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home