Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, March 10, 2006

Sometimes it's the little things...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ingesting sugars and calories on the bike or on the run can be hard. And sometimes I just can't stomach the thought of a goo packet. Sometimes, quite honestly, they make me want to heave. So I've found a new little something, and I do mean little, to give me that quick burst to get me back to the transition area or the car on long rides/events.

These all natural fruit leathers from Stretch Island give you the sugar boost you need to keep you from the bonk without all the chemicals and simple sugars found in a gel, while still being easily digested. I take them out of their wrappers and roll them up tight in a plastic sandwish baggie and stow them in my jersey or shorts pocket. Grab a rolled up leather, put it in your mouth, chew if you can, or let it dissolve (I do this, as it's fun and they taste so good they last longer this way!) At 45 calories a pop I can suck on one or two to get me through the lap or get me back to the car.

The chunky cherry and berry blackberry are my favorites, but the apricot, mango, apple and other berry flavors are pretty darn tasty too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home