Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, May 01, 2006

Hey Mallie, Remember me?

A bit late for a posting about Bakers Dozen but I what the heck......... I had an absolutely wonderful time. Mallie and I hung out all day Friday just having some "girl" talk. May sound trivial but my life is normally filled w/ taking care of 4 children so my conversations usually consist of subject like homework, stomach aches, dinner menus, progress reports, grades, etc......So a day of girl talk was just what the doctor ordered! I actually was not sure what to do with myself all day without having to make lunches, do laundry, clean bathrooms, did I mention fold laundry? :-)...........anyway, I had a fun time racing and a great time hanging out w/ Mallie.

Mallie, don't be shocked by this next little section and don't worry I have not switched over to the dark side....OK? ha ha!!

I bought my road bike for training purposes but it has grown on me a bit (just a bit)!! Craig and I completed our first century this past weekend. We rode in the BRAG Spring tune-up ride this past weekend. I still jump up onto cloud nine when I think about how many miles I actually rode (which was 105) . My legs are feeling it a bit but not anything terrible. I was good until the last 25 or 30. The last ten were hard. Every slight incline hurt BUT I did it. I am quite proud of myself. 9 months ago I was not even riding a bike and had not done so since I was in college (early 90's) and I would have never guessed I would ever ride 100 miles on a bike in one day! And here I am. Yippy! It was a lot of fun riding that far and I did enjoy my road bike. I actually found myself looking on active.com for the next century. Mallie, this may require an intervention.
choices, choices:

This bike............. (my cute little Orbea)


or this bike...............(my awesome scalpel 3000)


Melissa,

PS- Hey Mallie.....I posted...you know what you have to do now right???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home