Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Not Drowning, Wading

Yeah, before I go any further, I know the quote is actually supposed to be "Not Drowing, Waving", but if you read on you'll see the "quirky symbolism" of my choice of title. Maybe. If not, sorry!

I'm slowly trying to get back to the kind of exercise schedule I was completing before all the health issues arose. Slowly is the key. I'm not going to continue to sit like a dizzy lump on the couch, but I'm also not going to dive right back into the kind of activity that leaves me reeling and exhausted. It defeats the purpose. I want to slowly ramp back up over the next couple of weeks so I'm ready for my first triathlon, the Xterra at Arrowhead Park.

Started things off on the right foot with a nice casual ride with a friend last night. She's pregnant, so we kept it from getting too strenuous (not good for the baby) and caught up on some chatter as we hadn't seen eachother in a while. (I'm omitting her name on purpose...not sure she wants her good news plastered all over the blogosphere - locals in the know, don't mention her name in comments, please). I felt pretty OK...ears didn't start doing any of their funky ringing until the very end of the ride. But I did wake up feeling that funny empty-headed ear ringing and a bit icky this morning. I'm hoping good eating and hydration throughout the day will level me out so I can do some running intervals this afternoon.

Tried out the new Zoot tri-top on my ride last night. Fits great...like the racer-back and love the pockets on the side. I did notice it rides up a bit in the front...but it's not too small. Any thoughts from the tri-masses?

Good news. Just got a call from the doc's office and they're going to try to see me today. Yippee! Right now on the phone with insurance provider, though, as they have my birthday entered incorrectly. They're reporting me six years younger than I am. Can't beat that.

I'll leave you hanging until I get back from the visit!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home