Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's European!

Can someone please explain to me how a speedo can be both far too small and baggy at the same time? EGADS. There's an older fella at the gym who's not even remotely in shape. It's been bad enough watching him parade his big gut around in a too tight, too short t-shirt and short shorts as he traverses the gym's cardio equipment. But now, alas, my pool time is corresponding with his. And it's bad...so very, VERY bad and wrong...wrong, wrong, WRONG! I'm not a fan of speedos at all, being completely honest here. But men that are trim and sport a nice, well fitting, full coverage speedo don't bug me anymore. I've gotten used to it doing the swim thang. But this fella. It just isn't right. It bags in the front and disappears in the back. Could anything be more wrong than that? I almost wish his gut was a little bigger, it'd cover the offending baggy dangle in the front.

On a side grumbling note...I was doing a 900 yard timed swim (so it measures out to a little over 800 meters) and this reject gets in the pool for two laps with the kickboard, then climbs out and manages to lock himself out on the atrium. I ignored him for 50 yards, then just couldn't be quite that bitchy...so hauled myself out and let him in. 500 yards in, of course. He apologized in a half-assed way and I grumbled assent.

Better hope for an attitude adjustment in the next hour or so before I head out to trail run. Or else I'll hit a root and end up ass over tea kettle for a banner day!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't you have told me all this at home rather than airing it out on the 'net?

I thought I looked quite...sporting!

:)

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Renee said...

i wonder if hashi likes speedos. Do they wear speedos in packistan?
:)

8:44 AM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

OMG. That's just wrong.

Hey thanks for the OCP suggestion! My husband and I always have them when backpacking--it's a little ritual of ours--I will definitely try them out on my long ride this Friday! :)

10:15 PM

 
Blogger Alicia said...

since we haven't heard from you since thursday, either your attitude got adjusted or you went ass over tea kettle adn you can't type because your face is swollen and you can't see the laptop - sure hope it is the former...
hey, any word on that foot issue - did the pads help? just curious - haven't heard from you -

5:47 PM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

speedo bikinis are just wrong!

2:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home