Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, September 29, 2006

If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you do that too!?!?

So...the words some of you never thought you'd hear me say. Well, since this is a blog you're going to read them, not see them, but whatever. I'm borrowing a friend's road bike to see if it's something to add to the Dein's bike roster. We've got the BMX bike, two XC bikes, the DH bike...and maybe a road bike needs to be added to the stable.

No it's not just that I covet a new bike. If I had limitless cash and time to devote to more multi-sports than I'm already tackling, I'd hold out and get a really T-O-T-L kayak. But in the more realistic scheme of things, a road bike would work out for the better. With Beth recently jumping over to the dark side, and Renee already residing there for some time, if I want to ride with my friends more often, a road bike is one of the best options, especially for base training rides for next race season.

I'm not getting ahead of myself...hence the phrase that says I'm borrowing a friend's bike first. If I absolutely hate it, I won't continue. There are too many other training activities I enjoy if I just can't stand the skinny tires. But if I do enjoy it, it will double, if not triple my ride time with friends. Not just Renee and Beth. The Sorella girls spend a lot of fall and winter time on the road bikes...grinding out long, conversation paced rides. Those would be fun.

Details after the first ride...should be interesting.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gasp!

12:58 PM

 
Blogger Renee said...

what's not to like? It's just another version of doing what you already love!

1:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a lifetime BMX punk, there's a certain degree of inexplicable shame that comes with being married to a...a...roadie. Oh well, at least it's cheaper than downhill...

:P

7:55 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice try! Who had a road bike in his apartment when we first met? You play with the bull, you get the horns, baby!

5:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in a bad place in my life at that time, man. Why you gotta be like that?

6:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man all that crap talking Jeff and you had a road bike. Funny stuff!

3:00 PM

 
Blogger ETSX Rider said...

Don't feel to bad I am kinda leaning in the same direction of training, dare I say training on the road might improve my MTBing, but I am kinda curious Jeff did ya wear the shiny red helmet when you were a roadie??

8:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hashi - man named JeffD stuck foot out in high speed turn and made many people cry, made even more people get out of his way.

Chris - You know if you get in shape enough to turn in a sub-25 minute lap, the universe will implode? Don't get the road bike and put the world in jeopardy. Think of the kids.

11:37 PM

 
Blogger ETSX Rider said...

who said anything about getting a road bike I was thinking hardtail with road tires I will have to control myself just run a sub 27 min lap for starters give the universe a chance for another year

2:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man named JeffD also think universe will implode if H-Bomb use period after sentence.

2:54 PM

 
Blogger ETSX Rider said...

Punctuation is a highly overated component of written communication besides if I never end a sentence I can always add on

10:02 PM

 
Blogger ETSX Rider said...

"I work at Burger King making flame broile whoppers I wear paper hats would you like a apple pie wit dat? would you like a apple pie wit dat?....."

1:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit Chris, now I'm not gonna be able to sleep.

10:03 PM

 
Blogger ETSX Rider said...

Ding Fries are done!

10:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home