Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Evil, icky, smelly rain!

Sob! Sniffle. Rain and tornado warnings messed with my plans. Today was supposed to be a nice walk with my friend and her new baby, followed by a night ride through the woods with my girls. I was really looking forward to hanging out with my gals, catching up on gab and wondering which of us would have to dab first in the dark.

So...I found myself at the gym with no real plan. I decided to have fun and do a modification of something another lifting girlie wrote about in one of her workout posts. She did 100's. I decided to modify, as I have another heavy lifting day (heavy for me you jokers!) planned tomorrow and didn't want to compromise that.

So I did what I called 80-100's. 4 sets of 20-25 reps with lighter weights as a sort of cardio with the DBs and machines.

Warm-up: 10 minutes on the treadmill, 3.0 mph, 15 grade

DB Overhead Press: 1x25x8; 3x20x8

Leg Extensions (as I did hamstrings hard yesterday, I threw in a quad exercise just for sh*ts and giggles) 4x20x35

Triceps Press: 4x25x60

Vertical Chest Press: 4x25x40

Low Cable Row: 1x20x40; 3x20x35

Straight Arm Cable Shoulder Extensions: 4x20x25

Lat Pulldowns: 4x25x40 (it seemed really light at first, but I really worked to keep good form and a good core position)

Cool Down: 10 minutes treadmill, 2.7 mph, 15 grade

This older man, who can barely walk, and impresses the hell out of me by not only coming to the gym, but also cuz he lifts rather than sitting for hours on the recumbent, walked up to me and said, "you sure do one hell of a workout". That made me feel really good!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This iѕ my fіrѕt time vіsit at here and i am genuinelу
happy to rеad аll at аlone placе.
Also see my page - planetside 2

6:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home