Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, November 12, 2006

A weekend of working out...

Well...it's been a hard week. And it's going to be a hard November and more than likely a hard December. But I'm not going to let personal issues get in the way of the dedication I've maintained as to my diet and training.

I had a great ride on Friday. It was short, and I didn't ride anything technical...as my mind is still wandering at random to my personal issues. But I could feel the difference the strength training has made. I was climbing, both spinning climbs and short, hard pedaling climbs in bigger gears, faster, with less effort. The legs were really working for me and that makes me very happy.

Saturday morning workout:

Warm-Up: 7:30 on the treadmill, 15 grade, 2.9 mph

DB Overhead Press: 5x7x15

Good Mornings: 5x6x55

High Cable Rows: 5x8x55

Bench 3x7xBar
(Chest and shoulders are my weak point...so I just used the bar this last time. I'm going up to some dinky weights + the bar next week)

Step-Ups: 3x10xbodyweight; 3x6xbodyweight + 10 (used six steps stacked)

Triceps Press: 5x8x80

Straight Arm Cable Shoulder Extension: 3x8x25

Cable Bicep Extensions/Curls: 3x8x25

Leg Extensions: 4x6x55

Finished up with about 10 minutes on the cardio rowing machine.

And that brings us to today. It was supposed to be just an active recovery spin on the road bike (I decided not to venture out too far alone today Renee, but did so appreciate the directions which I'll use soon), but the headwinds required a bit more effort than I'd planned. But it's all good. Had a nice 45 minute ride in the brisk wind, but the sunshine on my face sure felt great.

I'm looking forward to a great HIIT session tomorrow and a good weights session on Tuesday. Hope the rest of you had a fantastic weekend!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home