Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, October 20, 2006

Back in the saddle

After being sick for about two weeks, I'm officially back in the saddle again.

Granted, I started trying to exercise after about three days of sitting around, and my body quickly let me know it wasn't ready to do much more than walk. Cut to ... two weeks later.

I hit the pool Wednesday night for a swim. It was really tough. I found myself getting out of breath more quickly and it was harder to do the same number of laps I always do. Last night I went for a nice 4-mile run. It actually went pretty well. I had TRIED to run on Saturday and lasted 20 minutes before I gave out, so actually making it for 40 minutes was a treat.

Today I feel good: no aches, no sinus pain, full of energy. I swear the Moes' burrito I had for lunch yesterday and the pizza I had for dinner were contributing factors to my recovery.

This weekend I'm gonna hit the trail and hope to have a real good ride or three! It's Jake's last weekend in town before heading off to the "big sandbox," so I'm sure we'll be getting in some long rides in the fresh fall air.

ciao!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't worry i will be back before you know it.

2:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home