Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A few things I now know aren't plaguing me

As regular readers know, I got a late afternoon appointment with a new doc yesterday. He was great, definitely going to make him our regular family physician. Very thorough, listened to me without making me feel like a spaz or a hypochondriac. Ran a full battery of tests. EKG was normal. He took x-rays of my skull/sinuses to check and see if there are any sinusitus related reasons I'm feeling so bad. Took plenty of blood (I've got a sore and bruised inner elbow) and is going to run a battery of tests.

There are a lot of things that could explain the vertigo symptoms I'm having (dizziness, nausea, fatigue, occasional fever), including thyroid abnormalities (run in my family), severe sinusitis (not likely as I'm not having any sniffling/sneezing issues, anemia (not likely based on my good color), and MVP. Then there are all the scary things. MS, cancer, etc. I'm not even thinking of those things right now. No need. Why worry before you have to.

He asked me not to do the 12 hour event this weekend. Can't say I disagree. I'm allowed easy rides - short and low speed, walks (no running yet) and easy weight lifting. No swimming until we know what's wrong. I'm going to enjoy several days of exercise ease and get plenty of sleep.

I'm ready for Hashi or his alter-ego anonymous to make fun of my "perceived" illness, and I'll smile as I always do. But really, I'm just glad I found a doc who's willing to go the extra mile to ensure we find out what's wrong and fix it, finally and completely.

Hopefully the other girls will post over the next week, as I'm gonna be pretty boring blog/training-wise.

8 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

Hope it is something easy to fix and that you will back up and training full speed soon!

6:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch it, Jane. Don't make me drop the A bomb on you.

7:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A****a!

(sees flared nostrils and runs for life)

11:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever. Your momma still rides a comfort bike, so there.

6:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, we're starting in on mommas now, eh? Well your momma taught you how to walk on your toes really well. Tight hip flexors from riding? I don't think so.

My theory is that yo mamma always knew you'd end up being somebody's woman and would have to wear heels and a dress while vacuuming the living room. I think you should just give up the charade, change your name to June Cleaver and be done with it.

1:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, that one was a little mean. Sorry, Jeff. I can't seem to resist talking smack when you're around. I'll join a twelve step group or something.

My name is Amber, and I'm a smack addict...

2:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with the passive-aggressive business? If you're gonna do it, do it!

Besides, you know I can take it. I prefer to think that I stand head and shoulders above the boring masses with their normal gaits. You have no idea what it's like to be this special :)

"Hey, something besides an injury's gotta put a wiggle in your walk once in a while!"

2:59 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

For anyone else following these silly comments...thankfully a diagnosis has been made and this lame attempt at a smackdown can end. NOW!

Hashi hasn't been around in a while. Guess he's waiting until we get some single gals on the eejit team!

4:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home