Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hot, hot, hot!

The weather channel gives a reported high of 99 degrees yesterday, but several thermometers in the sun were reporting well over 100 degree temps. YIKES! It was hot folks. Really hot! Humidity pecentage hovered around 70%. Lots of fluids were ingested and lots were lost.

Met Renee for a swim/run brick. Of course she was biking as her plantar fascitis is still a major issue. Managed to have a horrific swim...first having a nasty attack of some sort which left me very red in the face and gasping for breath (not sure if it was a panic attack or a low blood oxygen moment). I think it even freaked out Renee a little bit, and she's old hand as she's managed her asthma for years. Guess it's hard not to get a little weirded out when your swim partner looks like a tomato though in 70 degree water! She was a pro though, and got me calmed down. Thanks Ree-Nee!

Managed to cut my foot on a rock as we were exiting the water. Luckily I could tell it was a rock, something natural, and not a broken bottle or metal. SCARY. Renee had some antiseptic wipes and a band-aid...so I was able to clean up and do my run. Fortunately the cut was pretty minor, not much bleeding. Unfortunately, the contact with the rock also caused some bruising and a little swelling. So my gait was off, leaving me with two sore feet instead of one. Oh well. It'll all clear up pretty quickly.

Meeting one of my Sorella sisters out at the tri-site this morning. Going to do a half-Xterra on the slow and steady. 400-ish M swim, 1 bike lap, 1 run lap. It's gonna be hot as Hades again, and I'm beat from a pretty long and steady week of exercise and heat. TGIM, as Monday's an off day that my body's telling me I need.

Sorry the posts aren't really exciting right now. It's just plodding away as the race nears. I'll try to spice things up more if I can. Who knows...maybe with my string of minor mishaps something funny will happen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Musto said...

That's come crazy hot weather you have going on there. After Burn, temps have been in the low 70's here again. Nice training weather so I'm not complaining but it doesn't feel like summer...

10:28 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Danielle, you're fast as lightning, funny and you have nice cool temps in your neck of the woods. So just please tell me, one more time, why you and I have become internet friends!?!?! :)

Enjoy it while it lasts. I'm sure you're going to see some heat soon. We're having a heat wave. It's about 10 degrees hotter than normal this time of year. I'm hoping it's low 90's for the Xterra!

You got Lumberjack next week?

2:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home