Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

If it looks like a duck ...

Since lately we're all about the weights here at EnduroEejit, I figure I'd join in on the posting pleasure.

Today ... I went to the gym. Yes, I even picked up a weight or two. And! I actually hoisted it over my head ... repeatedly ... for pleasure. OK, so maybe not the pleasure part. But it's been a LONG TIME since I've so much as opened the gym door, so I didn't exactly expect the experience to be pleasurable.

A friend and certified personal trainer told me recently that I needed to be lifting some weights. And then he hounded me some more, and really got me thinking about it. Apparently when you bike you actually use those muscley fibrous things attached to your arms and shoulders. Now, I know you use them when swimming, and it was actually my quest to be a better swimmer that led me to the gym door today. I had my buddy meet me, and we went over some basic moves sure to whip me into shape and deliver flesh-rippling biceps in no time -- if only I stick with it.

So here's what I did (in exact detail):
•These squatty things with a ball for 15 times a few times more.
•This thing where I pulled this bar down and poked my chest out, half my body weight (a lady never reveals!), a few times.
•These EXCRUCIATING lifts where, as previously mentioned, I hoisted them over my head, a pitiful amout, more times than I liked.
•Quad and hamstring work (I couldn't get the commercial where the guy says "Don't want to pull a hammy!!" out of my head the entire time)
•More PAINFUL lifting of weights into the air, except this time over my chest, again, more times than I wanted to.
•Tricep extensions that would make my grandma (from whom I inherited my flabby triceps) squirm with discomfort.
•And finally, some bicept curls that seriously, made me feel like ARNOLD. They rocked.
•Oh and I walked on the treadmill some too. It was at a 2% grade cause my buddy said that's supposed to simulate walking outside.

Now, I've never really been a lifting weights kinda girl. I like 'em long and lean, not bulky (hence the yoga). But, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, so I've committed to waddling my feathery a** into the gym at least TWICE a week. That's a big step for me. Twice a week I could be running free outside in the fresh fall air, or cruising down some sweet singletrack. But twice a week I'll be watching my little stick arms quiver while lifting weights.

Now, if only I could do something about these damned webbed feet!

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Hashi,
Yes indeedy, thanks for the help today in the gym. I was just trying to be funny. I have written down the actual names of the exercises I was doing.
:)

6:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys, there's another English person about, :)
I'm a new on enduroeejit.blogspot.com
looking forward to speaking to you guys soon

5:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home