Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, May 04, 2006

training change-up

Today I went trail running. I felt the urge to spice up my routine a bit. I ran over at Sweetwater Park (West side of Atl)- ran a 4 mile in-and-out. I had a great time. I actually felt better than I expected given that my "montrails" have not been on my feet for quite some time. Before Christmas to be exact. Everything went smooth- saw two deer- Other than that I was all alone in the woods. Very peaceful. The only problem I encountered was at about mile 2.3...... the tube to the bladder in my camelback came loose and all my water came spilling out the bottom of my camelback. Got a little wet. :-)

No riding or racing for me this weekend. My husband is taking on the Cheaha Challenge this Sunday over in Alabama. It is a 100 mile road ride that has 7,400 feet of cumulative climbing, traversing Alabama's highest point- Cheaha Mountain. I am his cheerleader for this one...Not a participant. Should be a fun weekend.
Happy training everyone. :-)

Melissa,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Two posts in one week! Wild woman! I'm sick of convalescing. But I'm going to revamp the site over the weekend...so your mug will finally be posted.

3:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

10:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home